Flashbacks

By MARKPOGI on 4:38 AM

Filed Under: ,


When i was a kid, my sister have this cassette tape which plays nursery rhyme songs. And she would purposely play it because she knows I'm like afraid of it and i will get really really scared. Especially, when it comes to the part when i hear eerie musical box playing and loud thundering sound. I would rush to my sister and jump over her lap. And I'll use her hands and my hands to cover my ears for double sound protection ha-ha! and both of my eyes are shut tightly. I don't even know why I'm scared of nursery rhymes since nursery rhymes is for children.

Than my sister will try to comfort me and she'll be like, no Mark don't be scared I'm here for you. and I'm like. uh-huh? if i could remember you're the one who played it? thank you so much for being there. haha! and once she stopped the music, she'll be like, see....no more! you don't need to be afraid now. you can open your eyes and stop covering your ears now. and once I'm back to normal she'll play it again. and laugh at me. and i will run to her again! haha! GRRHH!!

And SHIT! the worst part is the after-effect, I can't get myself to sleep because when i close my eyes, i'll start hearing , " IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL, IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER, IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER. IT'S A SMALL SMALL WORLD ". UGH it's so ANNOYING!

And when i am sleeping on my sides, i could sharply hear heavy footsteps on my pillow? and it really freaked me out. and when i lift my head off the pillow, the sound disappeared. But when i place my head on the pillow again, i heard the heavy footsteps again. gosh, it's really creepy. i don't know where all the sound is coming from since i'm too young to even know what's this and that.

I also remember back in grade school, since my sister's school is right infront of my school and both of our school shared the same field, i was playing "tag" (also known as " CATCHING" in singapore) with my friends in the open soccer field, and than out of the blue moon i had my asthma attack.

the teachers from my sister's school rushed to me and since my sister was kinda popular back in her school, they knew who i was immediately. we'll they don't know me by name but they addressed me as, "Joyce's brother ".

so anyway, the teacher was like, " go call joyce quickly quickly!" to the student.

after my school and my sister's school negotiated what to do with me, they excused my sister from her classes that day and the principle drove me to the nearest clinic with my sister and than called up my parent.

my sister was like, MARK are you okay? . and i'm like panting, " Ouch, very painful, ugh...". and once everything was done in the clinic, my sister and i went back home with my mom. luckly it wasn't very serious. so Thank God.

3 comments for this post

what a happy and fun times...
it feels good reminiscing childhood times, ait?

i wish i had those memories :P
nice writing dude!

Posted on January 26, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

thanks! well, unfortunately, i couldn't remember a lot from my childhood. although i want to though. i guess i need to go to my old photo album cabinet at home and view it chronologically. haha

Posted on January 26, 2009 at 7:00 PM  
Anonymous

WHY mark. WHY WHY WHY. W-H-Y. WHY! why. no really, why?

Posted on January 27, 2009 at 12:39 AM