write about a time when the truth hurts and how you overcame it? (narrarive)

By MARKPOGI on 12:33 AM

Filed Under:

A couple of years ago, I was on my honeymoon trip in Malibu Island with my beautiful wife Christine. Everything was going really well for me.

But when I returned home from San Diego California, my home, my Mom broke a tragic news to me about what had happened to my dad while I was on my honeymoon trip. She told me that my father committed suicide a few days ago when his company get out of hand, Riches Corporation, it went bankrupt while I was on my honeymoon trip. Suddenly, for a second, I just felt the world stop revolving and felt under the weather. I couldn’t handle the news that my family had become poor. I would now have to support my mom and my siblings while supporting my own family too. I could not imagine how I could survive or overcome as I was fed with a silver spoon since young.

We were asked to move out from our beautiful Mansion. And are left with relatively no choice but to live in an extremely small flat which could only accommodate three people in it -although we are a family of five- with unbelievably corrupted environment. We were out from the luxurious life we once had. We become so poor that we could not even purchase a sack or rice from the cheapest market in town. I sometime feel that I should resort to suicide to end this bitter tragedy that I am now facing. My mother cried hysterically day and night, as she doesn’t know what to do with this type of situation. As a matter of fact, all of us do not know what to do too. My wife had been very patience with me and been supporting me in anyway she could.

I thought of many ways of how and where I could get money. I decided to search for a job. After a week, I got a job as a computer engineer in one of my dad’s friend company who offered to help me. I worked extremely hard, pouring every ounce of strength into my work. I even had to find for another job, as it was not enough to pay for my sibling’s school fees.

During this hardship periods, everyone in my family had been very cooperative. I swore to them that they would be out of the “down and out” stage.

One day, because of my great performance in my work, a billion dollar company told me that they would want me to work for their company. Without hesitation, I agreed. I’ve worked for approximately 2 years in that company. Step by step, my family standard started to improved. Everything was getting far much better then it used to be.

I overcome the life of being poor person.

And now, things will even get much better once I start working even harder. I soon believe in this quote that my Father once shared with me when I was young. “ You reap what you sow”.


0 comments for this post