24/7

By MARKPOGI on 12:29 AM

Filed Under:

After being with my favorite camera all the time and everywhere I go for 24/7, I just suddenly lost the "crave" for it. Not that I hate it in someway or anything, the camera is really great, it’s just that I got too tired to bring a bulky camera around me all the time. However, I would still bring it sometimes with me if the weather is great not too sunny not to dark. Every so often, I might be TOO over protective with my DSLR. Just a few speckle of dust on my lens I’ll become the angriest bull who would crash anything that is in front of me. I’ll keep on cleaning and cleaning the lens till it is DUSTFREE. Although I know that is relatively impossible.

I have already started on my INTENSIVE studying for my Entrance exam and my GCE exam. However, every so often, I easily get distracted at the things around me while I am studying. But you know, I really could not control myself. Although I have told this to myself many times mentally, “ MIND OVER MATTER “. I still could not manage to do it. Hopefully, one day, I will learn and master the art of concentration so I could concentrate 100% in whatever I am doing even if I am in the middle of the busiest and noisiest Place in the world. It may sounds like it is practically impossible to imagine. But nothing is impossible right?

I’m now sitting at the void deck near my house, while suffering from the unbelievably harsh sunny weather. After thinking for a while, I realize that people in Singapore, including myself-of course-, are complacent. We kept thinking about ourselves, and how to satisfy ourselves/needs and could never spare a thought for others. We kept complaining about anything/everything that we could possibly find within the reach of our eyes. But you know, this things which we so-called “ nuisance / annoyance / irritation / negativity “ in our surroundings could not be comparable to the other countries that are suffering extremely more then us. For example, when you are eating, suddenly you just don’t feel like eating anymore, although you still have a quantity of food left on your plate and you just dump it all in your rubbish bin without even thinking twice. You know, people in Africa are suffering from famine. They will do anything, and I really mean anything to get FOOD! You could even see young children picking up rice from a filthy floor so they could live for another day without hunger. Another example would be when you kept complaining about the dreadful weather we have here ( like I did just now ), although to us dreadful means “hot weather and rainy weather”. But in other country like India, Philippines, Asia and few southeastern countries are suffering from super duper hot weather (that could not be comparable to our weather), typhoon, hurricane and floods. You ought to be grateful in where ever you are now. This is because you are not suffering the life that they are having now.

Sometimes, Do you believe that something will only last for a short while, or perhaps some things are just meant to last for a little while? – Like the fireflies, lending their passing, flickering beauty to paint the canvas of the night. Not realizing that the brief glimmer of these fireflies was no less beautiful then the steady candle flame I so craved, that perfection can be momentary rather then eternal.

0 comments for this post